Dr. Douglas Morck is working with the Gibson Lab as a Visiting Professor.
Dr. Morck, BSc, DVM, PhD, is a Professor from the University of Calgary, who is here on a year-long sabbatical working in Dr. Deanna Gibson’s research lab. He has a number of appointments, which are:
- Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science
- Professor, Comparative Biology & Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- University Veterinarian and Head, Animal Health Unit, Vice President Research Office
While at UBC, Dr. Morck will be working in the Gibson Lab, participating in research on microbiota 16SrRNA gene amplification, sequencing and data management, conducting microbiome analyses, and participating in workshops and seminars.
Dr. Morck’s research interests are:
- Veterinary Infectious Disease
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Immuno-modulation by Antibiotics